Blackbaud this week released their “Charitable Giving Report,” an analysis of trends from nearly $8 billion in fundraising revenue from 2012. It is a one of several must-read reports published each year in the field of philanthropy. Here are some key findings:
1. Overall giving continued its slow recovery and grew approximately 2% in 2012.
2. Online giving grew by about 11% in 2012 compared to 2011.
3. Online fundraising was 7% of all giving in 2012, an increase from 2011.
4. Small nonprofits had the greatest increase in overall fundraising in 2012 while medium-sized organizations led online.
5. Giving throughout 2012 hovered on flat, and Superstorm Sandy relief efforts helped boost year-end fundraising.
What do you think? For the full report, visit here.